BENEFITS OF WASHPOD
The WashPod range of rentable, mobile, accessible disabled wetrooms can be rapidly and affordably installed (both internally or externally) to help keep people at home or get them home from hospital. Which we all know is the best place to recover and get on with life. The six models vary in their level of accessibility and size so we can provide the best solution to suit anyone’s particular needs and circumstances.
People who can’t wash themselves on their own or with a carer’s support, might not be able to leave hospital after a trauma, or stay at home if they’re getting old and infirm. The result is a move to a care facility, either temporarily or permanently.
- Cost-effective alternative to care home or continued stay in hospital
- On-site within 2– 4 weeks; installation in as little as one day for internal models, 1 – 4 days for external models
- Minimum disruption – therefore less stress
- No need to wait or pay for house adaptions or relocation
- Designed by care professionals and modular specialists
- ‘Plug and Play’ for quick installation – water supplies and drainage do not need to be in the same room
- A number of internal and external models available in various sizes to suit most spaces and disabilities
- All units are modular and can be carried in sections through the front door of the house to access difficult spaces if required
- Stay at home in a safe environment in familiar surroundings
- High quality products used to avoid breakdowns
- High functionality specification
- 100% waterproof
- Low threshold entrance
- Our professional teams make sure they leave the house as they found it after the WashPod has been removed
There are eight models to chose from which should suit most spaces and requirements.
Internal & External Large WashPod
These are the largest and most accessible, offering wheelchair or trolley access with carers in attendance.
Internal & External Standard WashPod
The Standard WashPod is an alternative internal model that will suit more people with smaller spaces. It is still wheelchair accessible and can include hoist options but it is presented in a more compact design.
Internal & External Compact WashPod
The Compact WashPod is designed for more limited spaces. It will be the answer for many people needing at-home, disabled bathing where space is at a premium and fully compliant accessibility with carers, hoists and trollies may not be needed. The Compact is now available as an external option too.
The Mini Internal WashPod
The Mini WashPod is one of the smallest in the range and it is designed for the most limited spaces where a toilet (even a wash-dry) and shower are BOTH needed.
The minimum space required is just 1.75m L x 1.2m W x 2.0m H with bi-fold doors to allow carer access from outside if needed. The Mini WashPod fits snugly into the corner of rooms or even in utility rooms if the configuration suits. It only takes half a day to install and is a great option for Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) via the local authority.
The Micro WashPod
Even smaller and designed for the more mobile, the Micro shower can fit into most existing bathrooms or in the corner of bedrooms and the utility room. It is a plug and play, low level wetroom, offering access on three sides. It can even come with a toilet as the Micro Toilet.
The Micro features bi-fold doors and a shower curtain to aid carer access from the outside. It’s only 1.5mL x 1.2mW x 2.0mH (a lower height design) plus foldaway ramp.
It is the boutique wetroom solution.
WashPod units can be rented or bought and costs can vary depending on the final specification and particular needs of the individual’s circumstance.
Rental rates start for as little as £220 – £415 per week plus installation. They can also be bought either privately or with the Disabled Facilities Grant via the Local Authority, depending on eligibility.
Typical rental periods are for 1 – 3 years but the WashPod’s life is much longer.
Tracking hoists can also be fitted to most models at an additional cost.