For the last decade, the Changing Places Consortium (www.changingplaces.org.uk) has been campaigning for more toilets and washing facilities in public places that are suitable to meet the needs of people with complex disabilities. After all, no one should be constrained from going out into the community because a lack of suitable facilities leaves them needing to face being changed on a toilet floor.
WashPod has the Cost-Effective, Immediate Answer
WashPod is an accessible, modular wet-room that has now been specially developed to meet the Changing Places specifications for accessible and fully equipped toilet and washing facilities.
WashPod provides the swift, cost effective answer to many commercial and public enterprises who are keen on offering the best facilities for their more immobile users, preferably without the disruption or loss of revenue that installation works may cause. And there is likely to be a new legal requirement to do so that is just round the corner.
The units can be installed internally in an existing space or externally as a ‘bolt-on’ or stand-alone extension. They are ‘plug n play’ and require very little additional infrastructure making them versatile, flexible and easy to install.
- Is the most cost-effective solution on the market
- Meets building regulations
- Enjoys the benefits of a sectional/modular construction
- Is delivered within 4 weeks from order
- Is erected within a week
- Can be erected internally within an existing building
- Can be erected on an existing car parking area or hardstanding. Alternatively, lightweight foundations can be supplied and installed within the same time frame.
- Can be fitted internally or externally in a variety of finishes as required to suit a corporate or existing vernacular.
WashPod’s Options for a Changing Places Facility
There are several options of layout depending on the accessibility and orientation required to suit the space available.
Option 1 – Door central Option 2 – Door to One Side
Option 3 – Door on short side
Changing Places has also produced a Practical Guide which you can download with all the information you need for providing a suitable facility.